This past Friday CiF’s staff attended the Ruth Ratner Miller Award Luncheon, an event organized by the Downtown Cleveland Alliance. The RRM award was presented to Ms. Iris Wolstein and Mr. Scott Wolstein in recognition of their leadership roles in the Flats East Bank Project.
The first phase of the Flats Project constitutes a major enhancement to downtown Cleveland’s waterfront and the project came online this past summer with the opening of the Ernst & Young Tower and the Aloft Hotel. Since CiF was and remains an important element of the Flats project, we are excited to see the local community rally around the Flats’ success.
In addition to the Ruth Ratner Miller Award, several downtown development projects were recognized at the event. They include:
- Reserve Square; K&D
- The Residences at Hanna; K&D
- The Langston – Phase II; Cleveland State University
- The Union Building; Cleveland State University
- Cleveland Financial Center; Amtrust Financial
- Hope Memorial Bridge Bike Lanes; Bike Cleveland & The City of Cleveland Office of Sustainability
- Red, The Steakhouse; MRN, Ltd.
- The Lofts at Rosetta; MRN, Ltd.
- Star Plaza Renovation; Playhouse Square
- The Ernst & Young Tower and Aloft Hotel; Fairmount Properties & The Wolstein Group
- Collection Auto Group Garage; Cuyahoga Community College
- The Thorton Center; Cuyahoga Community College
- Global Center for Health Innovation & Convention Center; MMPI
The event was appropriately held in Ballroom C inside the new Convention Center. The comfortable room with panoramic views of the lakefront easily accommodated the guests and was the perfect location to celebrate the people and projects that are bringing catalytic development to Cleveland’s downtown.